Saturday 5 December 2020

Nativity Star




I wanted to pop together a few extra bits and pieces for those of you who are working on the Nativity. I thought we could start with the Star.

You can Download the template and Supply List


A quick stitch list!
Always use two strands of floss.
Blanket around the edges.
Fern Stitch from the points of the star in the middle and the valleys of the two middle stars as well.
French knots 
Lazy Daisies and Straight stitches in the smallest star.


My original plan was to have my Nativity set under the tree (just like Mom used to do) and hang the star from the lowest branch but my Nativity grew a bit too big.
I ended up glittering a small cardboard box and bamboo skewer and placing the Star in the back. 


I also went on a mini star making kick and when I make my next Nativity set I think I will pop in some small groups of stars as well as the big star.

Making a garland to drape behind the Nativity scene could be really pretty too! Please let me know if you have any other fun ideas!






No comments:

Post a Comment