Saturday 5 August 2023

Feel Good Art Prize and Australian Fibre Art Award

20223 has been a pretty exciting year for me art-wise. 
I had two pieces selected as finalists for art prizes.


 A Bird in the Hand
Highly Commended
Feel Good Art Prize
"A bird in the hand" - an old saying emphasizing contentment in the things we have. A Bird in the Heart is a play on that saying, a small reminder to be grateful for those we love, find happiness with the people you cherish and never take them for granted." 


Yowie
Australian Fibre Art Award
"My house is  safe space for monsters, especially cryptids. I've spent many hours hiking the Australian bush with my husband, kids and dog searching for Yowies. On the rare occasion, we have spotted a footprint or heard a Yowie call way off in the distance. With the help of my dog, who lent me her fur after a groom and my kids who gave great descriptions of the Yowie, this little fellow was created."

No comments:

Post a Comment