Sunday 1 August 2021

Easy Halloween Decorations ~ Painted Jars and Stick Tree


I love making decorations from things I have around the house. 
My kids love crafting so making something with stuff heading for the recycling bin is a 
win-win.

Grab some cans, old coffee jars or used plant pots in the garden and make them into little Halloween masterpieces.


Spray paint (or paint with acrylic and a brush if you prefer) your jars, cans and pots in the colours of your choice. 


Use Acrylic craft paint to add some Halloween faces.



For some face inspiration check out all the printable pumpkin stencils at printablee.com 


Pop in some plants and now you have your own Spooky Garden!!



Or you can use one of your jars, cans or pots as a base for your Halloween Stick Tree.
Again, I am openly mocked by my family for my constant stick gathering but sticks are awesome! And Free! And looking for sticks gets you out exercising in nature so sticks rule!
I spray painted my stick collection black and orange.


To keep the sticks from wobbling or spreading out too far I used a toilet roll and paper to stabilise the sticks. 


If you don't like to paint, an easy way to add some sparkle to the base of your tree is to wrap Halloween garland around the bottom of your sticks then put them in a clear jar. 
Pop on some lights (I got these battery operated strands at Kmart) and Voila! Halloween Tree!





No comments:

Post a Comment